Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Misc Files: See Spots

Walter Vogel photo of Pina Bausch, 1966

From time to time, I actually clear my computer desktop. Inevitably, I end up with loose images that I file in a folder labeled “Misc” Sometimes, when I go back into my "misc files," I find that affinities have formed.


Vintage Japanese stencil (eBay)

Bemelmans Bar mural detail
Photo by Kim Wood

Original gouache design for lace (eBay)


Servant bell board at Searles Castle, Great Barrington (L. Eckstein photo)


"Dot Fantasy" by Paul Rand


Design for Dutch archeology stamp by Walter J. Nikkels


Leather stamping tools (eBay)


A conservation analyst from the Israeli Antiquities department examines fragments of the 2000-year-old Dead Sea scrolls at a laboratory in Jerusalem. AFP PHOTO/MENAHEM KAHANA. Artdaily.org


Bela Csikos Sessia, Study for the Wake, 1896
 Modern GalleryZagreb (L. Eckstein photo)


This photo of MC Escher with his set of nested Platonic Solids shows up in many places, but no one has cited an original source (as in where the picture was originally printed, or who the photographer was, as opposed to which Flickr or Pinterest account it was grabbed from).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails